Medela's Supplemental Nursing System (SNS) is a feeding tube device for giving babies long-term supplemental feeding at the breast. The SNS was designed to help adoptive mothers breastfeed by inducing lactation, but is also useful in a variety of nursing problems. Because the SNS keeps the baby on the breast, the mother receives the stimulation to sustain and increase her milk supply.
In addition, nipple confusion and nipple preference are avoided. The SNS also helps preserve the mother-baby intimacy that is such an important motivator in breastfeeding. Contains: SNS container, yellow cap and cover, three sizes of tubing, neck cord, valve holder, attachment ring, tape and instructions.
Features and Benefits
- Ideal for long-term supplemental feedings at the breast
- A breastfeeding assistance kit for moms and babies facing special challenges, such as inducing lactation or suck problems
- Adjustable flow-rate system
- Color-coded tubes for different feed rates
- Neck strap for maximum convenience
- Sterile packaging allowing for immediate use out of the package
- Chosen for you and your baby - All parts that come into contact with breastmilk are BPA/DEHP Free
- SNS container
- Valve holder
- Cap and cover
- Attachment ring
- 3 sizes of tubing
- Neck Strap